Edwin “Ed” Louis Cole (1922–2002) was a veteran and Christian evangelist who promoted the idea that Christlikeness and manliness go hand-in-hand. Cole was inspired by Aimee Semple McPherson and would witness on Skid Row in Los Angeles before relocating to Texas. He was the founder of the Christian Men’s Network and wrote several books on the matter. He was steadfast and strong, leading many to Christ. Here are my top 10 quotes from Ed Cole:
- “Manhood and Christlikeness are synonymous.”
- “Have faith in God; God has faith in you.”
- “Your best friend and worst enemy are both in this room right now. It’s not your neighbor right or left – and it’s not God or the devil – it’s you.”
- “Knowledge of God’s Word is a bulwark against deception, temptation, accusation, even persecution.”
- “Problems are more convenient than sins because we don’t have to do anything about problems. If you only have a problem, you can get sympathy for it, or understanding for it, or professional help for it, to name a few. Sins, on the other hand, have to be repeated of, confessed, and forsaken.”
- “Christians are not patched-up sinners, they are new creations.”
- “God never ends anything on a negative; God always ends on a positive.”
- “You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
- “Men cannot make Scripture conform to their lifestyle; they must make their lifestyle conform to Scripture.”
- “Prayer in private results in boldness in public.”
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Tell me if there is a comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out these amazing quotes from Norman Geisler. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
Connect with me on social media. Consider supporting StudioJake on Locals.