Fear. It is in abundance these days. With Halloween approaching, there are so many things to remind us of what we are afraid of, but fear is the one emotion Christ warned us about. As a Christian, I often turn to the Bible to help me find inspiration when I feel fear. In no particular order, here are 10 Scriptures On Being Brave:
- “Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:14
- “Peace I leave you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor fearful.” John 14:27
- “The Lord God is my strength, And He has made my feet like deer’s feet, And has me walk on my high places.” Habakkuk 3:19
- “If you show yourself lacking courage on the day of distress, Your strength is meager.” Proverbs 24:10
- “and that most of the brothers and sisters, trusting in the Lord because of my imprisonment, have far more courage to speak the word of God without fear.” Philippians 1:14
- “Say to those with anxious heart, ‘Take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; The retribution of God will come, But He will save you.'” Isaiah 35:4
- “Arise! For this matter is your responsibility, but we will be with you; be courageous and act.” Ezra 10:4
- “Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning.” 1 Timothy 5:20
- “Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who wait for the Lord.” Psalm 31:24
- “These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
All scriptures are taken from the NASB.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Tell me if there is a comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out these ten translations of John 3:16. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
Connect with me on social media. Consider supporting StudioJake on Locals.
[…] 10 Scriptures On Being Brave […]