Kindness. It seems to be lacking in abundance these days. There are so many things to make us bitter and fearful, but a little bit of kindness can a long way in helping your fellow humans. Even as a Christian, it can be hard to be kind, especially when the world seems to be in chaos. That is why I turn to the Bible for answers. In no particular order, here are 10 Scriptures On Kindness:
- “But love your enemies, do what is good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is gracious to the ungrateful and evil.” Luke 6:35
- Let a righteous man strike me—it is a kindness; let him rebuke me—it is oil for my head; let my head not refuse it. Yet my prayer is continually against their evil deeds. Psalm 117:2
- And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ. Ephesians 4:32
- A kind man benefits himself, but a cruel man brings disaster on himself. Proverbs 11:17
- Instruct them to do what is good, to be rich in good works, to be generous, willing to share… 1 Timothy 6:18
- So we must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9
- Good will come to a man who lends generously and conducts his business fairly. Psalm 112:5
- Now finally, all of you should be like-minded and sympathetic, should love believers, and be compassionate and humble, 9 not paying back evil for evil or insult for insult but, on the contrary, giving a blessing, since you were called for this, so that you can inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:8-9
- A gentle answer turns away anger, but a harsh word stirs up wrath. Proverbs 15:1
- “Give, and it will be given to you; a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over—will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38
All scriptures are taken from the Christian Standard Bible. The words of Christ are marked in red.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Tell me if there is a comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out these 10 Bible Verses About Fear and 10 more on Faith. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
Look for me on social media! Facebook: Author Jacob Airey | Instagram: realjacobairey | Twitter: @realJacobAirey | MeWe: Link | YouTube: StudioJake | Minds: Link | Rumble: StudioJake Media | Gettr: Click Here