I know I have said this about other years, but 2020 was an odd year for film. With the theaters closed at the first of the year, you really had to surf for movies and it did not. Now, I did catch a few before theaters closed and not all of them were up to snuff. The same goes for the ones I watched on DVD or via streaming. Honestly, this year felt like a dumping ground to save face. Here are My Top 10 Worst Movie Of 2020:
10. ‘The Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson‘ – While it does have excellent performances for an indie thriller, but it fails on the level as it seems to blame the victim Nicole Brown Simpson for the crime committed against her and her friend Ron Goldman.
09. ‘Capone‘ – Tom Hardy does provide a decent performance and there’s an interesting concept within, but the biopic is hampered by its inconsistent tone and its indecision on its subject.
08. ‘Desperados‘ – This is a boring and gross comedy that does not even produce a chuckle or sympathetic smile. Do not waste your time or the effort to press play.
07. ‘Horse Girl‘ – Incredibly confusing, disjointed, and uncanny, the plot could not even be saved by Alison Brie’s decent performance.
06. ‘Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn’ – The DCEU flick is just awful. Forget politics. Forget the change to the characters. Forget its place in its respective franchise. Outside of that, it is terribly edited, the action is lame, and the overall story is poorly conceived. It is a waste of time and I want my money and time back. Unfortunately, the theater would not comply with either request.
05. ‘The New Mutants‘ – It is clear why it was delayed for so long. It’s just a bad film. Despite many references to the X-Men films, it is the worst. Yes, this movie makes X-Men 3 look like The Godfather. I never thought it was possible. It’s a shame the Fox X-Men series ends on such a sour note.
04. ‘Artemis Fowl‘ – This is a boring, mediocre, and sub-par movie on DisneyPlus. I find it hard to believe that even its target audience would enjoy it. I hope that Disney does not allow its streaming service to go the way of Netflix where every project is seemingly greenlighted with impunity.
03. ‘Coffee & Kareem‘ – Ed Helms stars in this boring, vulgar comedy with awful characters. It lacks anything hilarious, remotely comedic, or even charming.
02. ‘Pets United‘ – Talk about a mediocre adventure that I doubt even children will be entertained by. There was very little character development, a boring plot, and you get lost within all of the random scenes.
01. ‘Mulan‘ – The 2020 live-action reboot is a predictable movie that does not live up to a single moment of its original. It reeks of mediocrity and brings dishonor to the animated film it sought to copy. You might think it harsh to make it number one, but the sheer disappointment along with Disney’s unethical behavior in making it pushes the feature straight to the top.
Is there one you disagree with? Do you think one does NOT belong on this list. Please tell me. I would love to hear your perspective on this year in cinema and why you think one (or two) does not go along with the rest.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Tell me if there is a comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out my My Top 10 Worst Films Of 2019. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
You can find me everywhere on social media! Facebook: Author Jacob Airey | Instagram: realjacobairey | Twitter: @realJacobAirey | MeWe: Link | YouTube: StudioJake
[…] is a comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out my My Top 10 Worst Movies Of 2020. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this […]