Happy Valentine’s Day! Hopefully, you got everything together for your significant other. I have heard so many stories crazy dates, stunts, and gifts from friends and acquaintances regarding February 14, I had to write an article about them. Well, just the bad stuff. Some came from guys and some from gals.
Here my Top 10 Worst Valentines Day Ideas:
10. Fast Food Is Not Appropriate- I know it may seem strange, butI have heard this true story about a lovely pair I knew where the boyfriend took his girlfriend out to get cheap food for Valentines, even though he could at least afford the next step above. She was not happy.
09. Scary Movie Is a No-No- I knew this girl who thought it would be funny to scare her husband while he was showering for their big date. She dressed like Mother from Psycho and came in with a butcher knife. Needless to say, their date got cancelled. And the story is still a sore spot.
08. Guts and Glory Are Not For Valentines- If you take your bride and girlfriend out for a movie, good idea, as long as it’s not something with a lot of blood and guts. Be sensitive to her tastes and take her to something a bit more romantic or at least relaxing (If she doesn’t like ooey-gooey).
07. Sad Is Not For Valentines- Ladies, you want to watch a romantic film or a good drama, great! However, something with a sad ending is not ideal for your man. As I said above, be sensitive to their tastes too. We don’t want tears for a night that’s supposed to be about romance.
06. Scatological Humor, uh No- Guys, we like a good flatulence joke, but take it out of your thinking for Valentine’s Day. It is just not appropriate for the day. Trust me. This is a day to be romantic, not to talk about your stomach.
05. No Songs That Preach- Who does not love a good romantic song for Valentines Day? However, playing preachy songs like We Don’t Talk Anymore, Rolling In The Deep, I Want It That Way, or Fix You, that’s not a smart move. It could send a message you’re not intending to send.
04. Don’t Get Cheap Gifts- Now, I’m talking about price. I’m talking about how it looks. It should NOT look cheap. Whether you’re picking out flowers, watches, jewelry, candy, or whatever, make sure that the gift is nice. Get roses, buy a nice watch, real jewelry, and good candy (preferably in a heart shaped box).
03. Wait Until The Next Day For Serious Conversations- Valentines dinner is not the time or the place to bring up serious concerns. Enjoy the day and evening together. Don’t bring up a topic that will cause an argument.
02. Don’t Go Stinky- Take a shower, shave or trim, do your hair, blow your nose, and wear clothes that look nice and smell good. It is a good idea to be hygienic on Valentines Day. Make sure you are prepped, well groomed, and have good breath.
01. Don’t Break Up- This one takes the cake. Do NOT break up with your significant other on Valentines Day. I’m pretty sure that is the 11th Commandment. It is the worst idea ever and there are serious repercussions. Have that talk before or after. A good while after.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Tell me if there is a comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out my article Top 10 Favorite #dollypartonchallenge Entries. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
Did you know my new fantasy novel “The Seven Royals: All Good Things” is now available on Barnes and Noble and Amazon? You can get your e-book copy at BookLocker.
You can find me everywhere on social media! Facebook: Author Jacob Airey | Instagram: realjacobairey| Twitter: @realJacobAirey | YouTube: StudioJake
[…] Reveals “First Look” With Robert Pattinson As The Batman‘ and my Top 10 Worst Valentines Ideas. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this […]