Recently, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige announced that Disney is closing a deal for John Wick actor Keanu Reeves to appear in the MCU. That has led to wild speculation on what character he should play. I give my ten suggestions that I think would fit him perfectly should he throw his hat in the ring of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Check out the episode below:
Here is my official list:
- Mr. Fantastic– He has the range and fortitude to play the leader of Marvel’s first family the Fantastic Four.
- Nova (Richard Rider)– Keanu has been seen in space, so why not play one of the most spacefaring heroes in Marvel.
- Moon Knight– He hears voices and has split personalities. Reeves has played several odd and sometimes insane characters.
- Gambit– The Cajun mutant has had several false starts and Keanu could kick it into gear.
- Wonder Man– He is one of the most powerful Avengers who formerly worked as a villain. Reeves has the range to make it happen.
- Chamber– Originally from Generation X, this mutant would later join the X-Men. His energy covers his body and leaves him deformed. I would like to see Reeves pull off this troubled character.
- US Agent– With Steve Rogers retired, perhaps the MCU can introduce Reeves as Johnny Walker, another patriotic hero.
- Doctor Doom– Want to go on the villainous side? Doom is one of the most miscast characters on film and television. Reeves could play the part well.
- Thunderstrike– A human found worthy to lift Thor’s hammer and later given his own, he would be an interesting entry to the Avengers franchise with Reeves holding the hammer.
- Wolverine– Why not? Hugh Jackman is out and while Scott Eastwood is still my favorite, I can see Keanu Reeves with the claws.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Tell me if there is a comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out my interview the GroupThink podcast and my movie review of Murder Mystery. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
Did you know my new fantasy novel “The Seven Royals: All Good Things” is now available on Barnes and Noble and Amazon? You can get your e-book copy at BookLocker.
You can find me on everywhere on social media! Facebook: Author Jacob Airey | Instagram: realjacobairey| Twitter: @realJacobAirey | YouTube: StudioJake
[…] an hour after the second film, John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is on the run from the Company and become “incommunicado” because he broke the rules […]
[…] but definitely not least, Keanu Reeves once again shines as John Wick. His on-screen presence and the way he portrays the character is […]