For Batman Day, I decided to compile a list of my favorite quotes from the hit film Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader. In no particular order, here are my Top 10 Quotes From Batman Begins:
- Batman: It’s not who I am underneath… but what I “do”… that defines me.
- Ducard: But a criminal is not complicated. What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power. You fear your anger, the drive to do great or terrible things.
- Thomas Wayne: And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
- Bruce Wayne: You’re not the devil. You’re practice.
- Ducard: But I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just… poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you would be spared your pain.
- Alfred: What is the point of all those push-ups if you can’t even lift a bloody log?
- Bruce Wayne: Bats frighten me. It’s time my enemies shared my dread.
- Falcone: People from your world have so much to lose. Now, you think because your mommy and your daddy got shot, you know about the ugly side of life, but you don’t. You’ve never tasted desperate. You’re, uh, you’re Bruce Wayne, the Prince of Gotham; you’d have to go a thousand miles to meet someone who didn’t know your name. So, don’t-don’t come down here with your anger, trying to prove something to yourself. This is a world you’ll never understand. And you always fear what you don’t understand.
- Lucius Fox: Mister Wayne, if you don’t want to tell me exactly what you’re doing, when I’m asked, I don’t have to lie. But don’t think of me as an idiot.
- Dr. Jonathan Crane: I respect the mind’s power over the body. It’s why I do what I do.
Those are my favorites. Which ones are yours? Let me know in the comments down below and don’t forget to subscribe for more nerd articles like this one.
This article has been updated from a previous version.