This might seem like an odd article, but I am not talking about the SEGA games. No, when it comes to Sonic the Hedgehog, I’m talking about villains from the Archie Comics, though there might be some crossover. Sonic and his friends have battled several enemies throughout the comic book’s run and I wanted to highlight a few for the fun of it. For posterity’s sake, Dr. Ivo Robotnik (NOT Eggman) will not appear because he would automatically win the number one spot. Here is my list of Top 10 Sonic The Hedgehog Villains:
Dishonorable Mention – In both Sonic and the Knuckles spin-off, he has been shown to be the Grandmaster of the Dark Legion, especially in the early days of the series.
10. Rouge the Bat – Introduced in Sonic Adventure 2, she made her way into Archie Comics where she is about the same.
09. Snively Robotnik – Snively is Dr. Robotnik’s conniving nephew who serves as little more than a lackey for his uncle.
08. Nack the Weasel – He has made sporadic appearances in the comic book series and even was the one who framed Sonic for becoming roboticized by Dr. Robotnik.
07. Crocbot – He first appeared in the Tails solo adventure as one of Robotnik’s generals in the Southern tundra of their home planet.
06. Dark Knuckles – In an alternate reality, the Chaos power corrupted Knuckles The Echidna. Sonic had to team-up with Silver the Hedgehog to stop him.
05. Anti-Sonic – In a mirror verse, Sonic and his friends are the bad guys. Dr. Robotnik is the hero. Now that’s a twist.
04. Enterjak – Primarily a foe of Knuckles, Enterjak used the powers of the Master Emerald to make him immortal. Eventually, his powers were stolen and he transformed into a cyborg.
03. Ixis Naugus – He was a brutal enemy of Sonic. He is a magician who stole the power of the Power Rings in order to become stronger and more powerful. At one point, Sonic had to transform into Hyper Sonic to stop him.
02. Shadow the Hedgehog – Though his story is somewhat different than the video game, Shadow’s story is basically the same.
01. Metal Sonic- Originally introduced as a creation of Dr. Robotnik, Metal Sonic is a robotic clone of Sonic the Hedgehog and often proves to be a terrifying opponent for the Blue Blur and his friends.
That is my list. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below which Sonic the Hedgehog villains you enjoyed reading about. While you are at it, check out my Top 10 Sonic The Hedgehog video games. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more posts like this one.
You can find me on everywhere on social media! Facebook: Author Jacob Airey | Instagram: real.jacob.airey | Twitter: @realJacobAirey | YouTube: StudioJake
This article has been updated from a previous version.
[…] I thought Jim Carrey was a mediocre Robotnik, but in this one, I honestly thought he grew into the role and performed it way better. The other […]
[…] with no mention of Power Rings, Chaos Emeralds, or Knuckles’ job as the guardian of Angel Island. I will say, it does do a good job developing its own world through the stories. I did find myself […]
[…] did enjoy Schwartz as Sonic. While he dropped the arrogant attitude that is frequently seen in video games and television, he […]
[…] comic book, movie, or novel you would like me to review. While you are at it, check out my list of Top 10 Sonic The Hedgehog Villains (Besides Dr. Robotnik). Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe […]
[…] one we first saw. Now, I am still skeptical about the casting of the movie, primarily Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik. However, with Fowler’s willingness to hear the fans out instead of ridiculing them, it shows […]
[…] Fowler (Where The Wild Things Are) and star Ben Schwartz as Sonic, Jim Carrey (for some reason as villain Dr. Robotnik), and James Marsden as Tom Wachowski, a human who helps […]
[…] the re-imagining that IDW is doing in this comic book series. Metal Sonic makes for a terrifying villain and whether or not they decide to bring back Dr. Robotnik remains to be seen, but I have to give […]